top of page
Restraining Orders in Honolulu, HI

Restraining Orders, Injunctions Against Harassment and Orders of Protection are civil court orders that individuals can obtain to protect themselves from harassment or abuse.  If you are seeking an order against someone in your household or someone you have had a romantic relationship with, you need to file a for a Family Court Order for Protection.  If it is a non-household situation, like neighbor disputes or workplace issues, you would file for an Injunction Against Harassment in the District Court.

The procedures and requirements for the different orders can be confusing.  Consulting with an attorney before filing any petition can help you make sure you are filing in the proper court and including the necessary information.  If you have been served with a restraining order, you should consult with an attorney to help understand the consequences of having an order issued against you.  These orders will prevent you from owning or possessing firearms and can have severe adverse consequences on things like child custody and employment opportunities.  I presently only represent individuals needing assistance with Family Court Orders for Protection.

bottom of page