home > Practice Areas > TRO Family Court

Practice Areas:

Temporary Restraining Orders

Depending on the relationship between the parties of the TRO, it can be filed in either Family Court or the State District Court. If there was any kind of past "dating" relationship between the parties, the TRO must be filed in the Family Court. If it a dispute between parties with no past personal relationship, such as neighbors, then it should be filed in the District Court.

Family Court TROs

To obtain a Family Court TRO against someone there must be some past or current relationship between the parties, such as family members or even a past dating relationship. There are significant differences between Family Court and District Court TROs. The length of the TRO, the conduct which can be prohibited, as well as the burdens of proof of the respective parties are all different in Family Court. If you are seeking a Family Court restraining order or if someone is trying to get a TRO against you, make sure you consult with an attorney to find out what you rights are as well as the consequences of having a TRO against you.



Free Consultation:
For a free initial consultation regarding your case, please call
(808) 225-4685
or email me to set up an appointment.

Major credit cards accepted and payment plans are also available.

1001 Bishop Street
Suite 1330
Honolulu, HI 96813

(808) 225-4685

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Attorneys & Lawyers in Honolulu HI